1. Shave. Olive oil can provide a safe and natural
lubricant for a close shave. Rub in an extra teaspoon after
washing your body or face once finished.
2. Wood Furniture Polish. Wipe with a teaspoon of olive oil
and a soft rag. Add a bit of vinegar of citrus juice to bulk
up the cleaning power, and add a fresh scent.
3. Fingernails. Use a bit of olive oil to moisturize
cuticles, or mix oil and water and soak your hands before a
4. Lubricate Measuring Cups and Spoons. Rub or spray olive
oil on your measuring tools for easy clean-up of sticky
substances like honey, grain mustards, and sugar syrups,
5. Control hair frizz. Comb a bit of olive oil through dry
hair to tame the frizz and flyaways on humid days or in the
6. Free a stuck zipper. Use a cotton swab to apply olive
oil to the teeth of a zipper, then gently ease the tab
7. Care for your kitty. Add a teaspoon of olive oil to your
cat’s food to help prevent hairballs, and provide a shiny
8. DIY Lip balm. Mix olive oil and melted beeswax in a 1:1
ratio, with an essential oil for fragrance, and say goodbye to
dry and chapped lips.
9. Stop Snoring. Take a sip of olive oil before heading to
bed. It might lubricate your throat muscles, and stop
yourself, or your partner, from snoring.
10. Shine stainless steel and brass. Rub a bit of olive oil
on a clean rag to prevent streaks, corrosion, and tarnish.
11. Exfoliate your face and hands. Rub your skin with olive
oil, then scrub with sugar or coarse salt, and rinse.
12. As you bathe. Add a few tablespoons of olive oil to
your running bath water. You’ll be amazed when you towel
13. Remove makeup. Dab a bit under your eyes, on your
cheeks and forehead, then wipe with a damp cloth.
14. Cure an earache. Very carefully, use a cotton swab to
apply olive oil to the outside ear cavity to help with
earaches and excess wax.
15. Remove paint from your skin. Rub on olive oil onto
messy hand and arms (or faces) and allow the oil to soak into
the skin for five minutes, then rinse with soap and water.
16. Treat lice. Apply olive oil to your youngster’s hair,
and leave on for at least 40 minutes. Shampoo twice, then
apply a preventative.
17. Stop a throat tickle. Take a sip of olive oil to stop
the itchy flicker that is making you cough.
18. Fix a squeaky door. Use a rag or cotton swab to apply
olive oil to the top of a problematic hinge in your home or
19. Shoe polish. Rub down your shoes with just a spray of
olive oil to maintain their shine.
20. Personal Lubricant. It works…
21. Soften your skin. Rub olive oil daily on notoriously
dry areas, such as your feet or elbows, especially after a
shower, shaving, or waxing.
22. Easy clean up of garden tools. Spritz some olive oil on
your tools to cut down on dirt buildup.
23. Condition leather. Rub olive oil into worn leather,
such as a baseball glove, and let set for 30 minutes, then
wipe away any excess.
24. As a hair tonic. Comb some olive oil through your hair
for the vintage look of pomade without the build-up, or add a
bit to wet hair for grungy, but clean, look.
25. Cure diaper rash. Gently wipe on olive oil to your
baby’s bottom to help with the irritation of diaper rash.